[rancid] Ignoring certain output in diffs

Ben Sanders waynejagr at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 13:52:34 UTC 2014

Good Day,

I am struggling trying to create a way to ignore lines in diff.  I have Patton devices which I am using the Cisco module for as it seems to grab the configuration.  Problem is every time you "show run" it generates a timestamp:

example:
#----------------------------------------------------------------#
# SN4980/1E24V                                                   #
# R6.6 2014-07-11 H323 RBS SIP                                   #
# 2014-09-10T09:50:34                                            #
# SN/xxxxxxxxxx                                               #
# Generated configuration file                                   #

Could someone lend a hand in ignoring the timestamp line??

Thanks.