[rancid] Update from 2.3.8 to 3.2 all routers went to routers.down

Wiethoff, Helge Wiethoff at tfh-bochum.de
Tue Apr 21 11:06:23 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!

I hope this is not a common issue and was already discussed a thousand times.
After updating from 2.3.8 to 3.2 all my routers are marked as down. Unfortunately I don't have the log files anymore when this happened.

I double checked spelling issues in my router.db.
I checked the control_rancid script because I didn't get a mail from the system when the routers went to down state:
X-AS01:/srv/rancid/logs # cat TFH.20150421.114636
starting: Tue Apr 21 11:46:36 CEST 2015

/usr/lib64/rancid/bin/control_rancid: line 363: -t: command not found

Don't know if this is an issue?!

When I tested the part (line 281) in control_rancid where the list of all, up, & down routers is generated, I figured out - in my newbie-eyes - a strange behaviour.
I created a test router.db named tests:
X-AS01:/srv/rancid/TFH # cat tests
foo:hp:down
bar:hp:up

X-AS01:/srv/rancid/TFH # perl -F\; -ane '{$F[2] =~ s/\s*\$//; ($F[0] =~ tr at A-Z@a-z@, print $_) if ($F[2] !~ /^up$/i);}' tests
foo:hp:down
bar:hp:up

shoudn't this give me just the line without "up"?
and:
X-AS01:/srv/rancid/TFH # perl -F\; -ane '{$F[2] =~ s/\s*\$//; ($F[0] =~ tr at A-Z@a-z@, print "$F[0];$F[1]\n") if ($F[2] =~ /^up$/i);}' tests
X-AS01:/srv/rancid/TFH #

I guess I misunderstood something... :-(

Thanks for all support,
Helge
________________________________
  Helge Wiethoff
 Medienzentrum

Telefon: +49 (234) 968 8717
Fax: +49 (234) 968 3453
E-Mail: Wiethoff at tfh-bochum.de

Technische Fachhochschule Georg Agricola
für Rohstoff, Energie und Umwelt zu Bochum
Staatlich anerkannte Fachhochschule der
DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Herner Straße 45
44787 Bochum
http://www.tfh-bochum.de
Träger: DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bochum
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bochum
Handelsregister: B 4052

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kretschmann (Vorsitzender)
Manfred Freitag