[rancid] Grab the f5 UCS file and check it into CVS

Chris Moody chris at node-nine.com
Tue Aug 4 21:14:34 UTC 2015

UCS files are just "fancy tarballs" of various bits on an F5 (configs,
certs, etc).  As such, they are self-contained entities.

I wrote a separate routine to generate and back up datestamped UCS
files across all my client's F5's.  These lent themselves to quick
restoration of a failed/replaced unit.

RANCID's place on the other hand was not so much for copy/paste type
config restores (as one would do on say, a Cisco IOS node), but more
from the perspective of change tracking across the enterprise.

- -Chris