[rancid] New device type

Rod Hendricks rod.hendricks at graduate.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 16 10:49:46 UTC 2015

Hi.

I am really struggling with getting a new device type up and running.

Rancid v3.2, installed into Centos 7 with yum from EPEL repo.  I have an
installation that is currently working against a test Cisco router, so I
know the base install is all good.

I have created a login script hmlogin (based off complogin, with session
paginate commented out)
I have created a perl script hirschmann.pm (based on ciscowlc.om).

rancid.types.conf:
hirschmann;script;rancid -t hirschmann
hirschmann;login;hmlogin
hirschmann;module;hirschmann
hirschmann;inloop;hirschmann::inloop
hirschmann;command;hirschmann::WriteTerm;show running-config

I can run it directly with hmlogin -c"show running-config" 192.168.254.103
I get no errors running this, and I get the output expected.

However, when I run the following: rancid -d -thirschmann 192.168.254.103
I get:
loadtype: device type hirschmann
loadtype: found device type hirschmann in /etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf
executing hmlogin -t 90 -c"show running-config" 192.168.254.103
PROMPT MATCH:
HIT COMMAND:(Hirschmann Railswitch) #show running-config
HIT COMMAND:(Hirschmann Railswitch) #show running-config
192.168.254.103: missed cmd(s): all commands
192.168.254.103: End of run not found
192.168.254.103: End of run not found
!
-bash-4.2$

The .raw file has the full correct output of the show running-config.
The .new file only has:
!RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: hirschmann
!

I feel oh so close to getting this running!  Appreciate any help that can
be offered.

Cheers,
Rod.