[rancid] error in log file

Dan Anderson dan.w.anderson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:10:21 UTC 2015

It appears that your .cloginrc file isn't correct or you're not running
RANCID as the correct user. I suggest reading the README file that comes
with the distribution.

The relevant portion:

4) Put .cloginrc in the home directory of the user who will run rancid.
   .cloginrc must be not be readable/writable/executable by "others",
   i.e.: .cloginrc must be mode 0600 or 0640.

5) Modify .cloginrc.

   Test to make sure that you can log into every router.

   Note: the juniper user you use *must* log into a cli shell (which
   is the default on a juniper).

   See the file cloginrc.sample, located in <datadir>
(<basedir>/share/rancid),
   for examples and good starting point.  Also take a look at the cloginrc
   manual page, 'man -M <basedir>/man cloginrc'.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 2:50 AM, Harsha S Aryan <harsha.s.aryan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi i am getting error while running rancid
>
> rancid at Nagios:/var/log/rancid$ /usr/bin/rancid-run
> rancid at Nagios:/var/log/rancid$ cat routers.20151216.131929
> starting: Wed Dec 16 13:19:29 IST 2015
>
> cvs [status aborted]: cannot open file 10.172.60.10 for comparing:
> Permission denied
>

> Trying to get all of the configs.
> 10.172.60.10 jlogin error: Error: password file
> (/var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc) does not exist
> 10.172.60.10: missed cmd(s): show system boot-messages,show version
> detail,show system core-dumps,show configuration,show chassis hardware
> detail,show chassis environment,show chassis cfeb,show chassis scb,show
> chassis firmware,show chassis feb,show chassis feb detail,show chassis
> clocks,show chassis alarms,show chassis ssb,show chassis
> routing-engine,show chassis fpc detail,show chassis sfm detail,show system
> license
> 10.172.60.10: End of run not found
> #
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> 10.172.60.10 jlogin error: Error: password file
> (/var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc) does not exist
> 10.172.60.10: missed cmd(s): show chassis feb,show chassis clocks,show
> configuration,show system core-dumps,show chassis sfm detail,show chassis
> environment,show chassis feb detail,show version detail,show chassis
> routing-engine,show chassis cfeb,show chassis ssb,show chassis hardware
> detail,show system license,show chassis fpc detail,show chassis alarms,show
> chassis firmware,show chassis scb,show system boot-messages
> 10.172.60.10: End of run not found
> #
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 2.
> 10.172.60.10 jlogin error: Error: password file
> (/var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc) does not exist
> 10.172.60.10: missed cmd(s): show chassis cfeb,show system
> core-dumps,show version detail,show chassis sfm detail,show chassis
> routing-engine,show chassis environment,show chassis fpc detail,show
> chassis scb,show chassis ssb,show chassis feb detail,show system
> boot-messages,show chassis firmware,show configuration,show chassis
> hardware detail,show chassis clocks,show system license,show chassis
> alarms,show chassis feb
> 10.172.60.10: End of run not found
> #
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 3.
> 10.172.60.10 jlogin error: Error: password file
> (/var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc) does not exist
> 10.172.60.10: missed cmd(s): show system license,show system
> boot-messages,show version detail,show chassis scb,show configuration,show
> system core-dumps,show chassis firmware,show chassis alarms,show chassis
> routing-engine,show chassis feb detail,show chassis ssb,show chassis
> feb,show chassis hardware detail,show chassis sfm detail,show chassis
> cfeb,show chassis clocks,show chassis environment,show chassis fpc detail
> 10.172.60.10: End of run not found
> [...]

Dan