[rancid] Rancid 3.1.99 Alpha git integration issues.

Thomas Greer tgreer at tsone.net.uk
Sat Feb 7 13:31:54 UTC 2015

Hi All

I’ve recently (read today) installed the above alpha in anticipation of the git support. I’ve setup rancid a few times before, but I’m struggling with the git stuff.

When I run rancid-cvs after a fresh install, I get a load of errors.

-bash-4.1$ ./bin/rancid-cvs
error: Malformed value for push.default: simple
error: Must be one of nothing, matching, tracking or current.
fatal: bad config file line 6 in /usr/local/rancid//.gitconfig
error: Malformed value for push.default: simple
error: Must be one of nothing, matching, tracking or current.
fatal: bad config file line 6 in /usr/local/rancid//.gitconfig
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
[...]

My rancid.conf contains:

# Select which RCS system to use, "cvs" (default), "svn" or "git".  Do not
# change this after CVSROOT has been created with rancid-cvs.  Changing between
# these requires manual conversions.
RCSSYS=git; export RCSSYS

The README and UPGRADING mention nothing specific to initialising git other than to run rancid-cvs.

Running on Centos 6.6
git version 1.7.1

Any help would be appreciated with this.

Thanks

Thomas