[rancid] Foundry (Brocade) environmental details

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Feb 18 14:37:26 UTC 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015, Michael Newton wrote:

> Just set up a couple of Brocade switches and am now getting a lot of noise
> from RANCID when the weather changes in Seattle.
>
> - ! Pressure:      102.1kPa
> - ! Altitude:      -133m
> + ! Pressure:      102.0kPa
> + ! Altitude:      -122m
>

> This appears to be part of the ³show chassis² output.

Taking this into account, the sub ShowChassis subroutine in my francid
looks like (I'm not sure how close this would be to what you have):

        if (/(POWERS|TEMPERATURE READINGS)/) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        if (/fan controlled temperature:/i ||
            /fan speed switching temperature thresholds/i) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        if (/THERMAL PLANE/) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        if (/temperature:/i) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        if (/Pressure:/) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        if (/Altitude:/) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        s/(Fan \d+ \S+), speed .*/$1/;
        if (/speed/i) {
            $skip = 1;
        }
        next if $skip;

If you're running rancid v3, you'll find similar in foundry.pm.

What model do you see these on?  Could you share most/all of "show
chassis", out of curiosity?

(It seems odd to me that Altitude is changing by 10m ... Are these on a
ship or something?!)

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.