[rancid] ERROR: sh: cisco: command not found

Simone Felici s.felici at mclink.eu
Sat Jan 17 09:23:53 UTC 2015

Hello to all!

I'm having an issue with rancid. sometimes I get this errors in the logs:

sh: cisco: command not found
sh: cisco: command not found
sh: cisco: command not found
sh: cisco: command not found
(...)

Then the script doesn't process all the list of devices!
If I execute manually the last device rancid has processed as well as the device immediate after, I
have no errors. The list is long and it uses another server to collect these configurations via ssh
(usercmd, usercmd_chat). Could it be a timeout issue on the remote server used to contact the
device? Or what is happen? How can I debug?

The script ends in the log with:

Transmitting file data ..................................
Committed revision 21106.
+ rm -f /tmp/.customer_cpe.run.lock

Also seems it ends to process the list, but isn't true, because the list in routers.up is longer.

Thanks a lot!

Simon