[rancid] FW: Rancid 2.3.8 FreeBSD 10.1 Cisco Pix 506e

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Jul 15 09:00:38 UTC 2015

On 15/07/2015 00:10, Andrew Meyer wrote:
> its weird, cause its not even working now...teh expect script is throwing
> errors. lots.  I'll get the errors for you later.

clogin works fine on freebsd 10.1 for asa 8.x and afair there are no
substantial differences in vty behaviour between pixos 7.x and asa 8.x
software, other than ssh support.  If I were in your position, I'd first
check that you can ssh to the device using the command-line ssh tool and if
that works then I'd nuke the existing rancid + expect + tcl packages on
freebsd and do a clean reinstall of all the package dependencies.

Nick