[rancid] No email sent to MTA with 3.2

Matt Almgren matta at surveymonkey.com
Mon Jul 20 22:53:55 UTC 2015

First off, there’s no problem with Rancid3.2  actually running.  It finishes the run, logs the config, checks in the updated changes into CVS, but no email is sent.    I’ve been paying attention to the problems others have had with 3.x.  :)

We use Ubuntu 14.0.4 with Exim4 and when rancid-run finishes, I don’t see anything going to the MTA in the exim logs.   If I use mailx or mail to the alias I setup in the /etc/aliases file I receive the email and logs appropriately.

Is there some trigger or config change that needs to tell rancid to enable email delivery?

File: sjc-sw14.endor.lan Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision: 1.3 2015-07-20 15:50:53 –0700   <—— 2 minutes ago
   Repository revision: 1.3 /home/rancid/var/CVS/SJC1/configs/sjc-sw14.endor.lan,v

Thanks, Matt