[rancid] hlogin timing out

Jim P jabbyjim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:35:47 UTC 2015

SOLVED! (sort of). Someone may beat me with a hose for this but this is
what I did (for those curious)

Until I find the proper way to do this, I cheated and changed the hlogin
script a bit. For those curious I changed this part...

this is TOTALLY wrong, but turning -autoenable on or -noenable on simply
was not working

    # Figure out prompt.
    # Since autoenable is off by default, if we have it defined, it
    # was done on the command line. If it is not specifically set on the
    # command line, check the password file.
    if $avautoenable {
        set autoenable 1
        set enable 0
        set prompt "#"
    } else {
        set ae [find autoenable $router]
        if { "$ae" == "1" } {
            set autoenable 1
            set enable 0
            set prompt "#"
        } else {
            set autoenable 0
            set enable $avenable
            set prompt ">"                         (switched that are
stacked indicate with <CR> at the end which triggers this)
# added this next line as a workaround
            set prompt "#"                         (other switches hit the
SU prompt that has #, which triggers this also now)
        }
    }