[rancid] How to ignore certain output?

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Mar 5 10:31:25 UTC 2015

Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 03:52:12PM +0200, Alan McKinnon:
> heasley gave the exact patch you need lower donw in the thread, but
> I'll explain the general process, you need some basic understanding of
> perl. This is for 2.3, I haven't gotten around to using 3.x yet, I
> beleive the latest version is quite similar in this respect:

I encourage upgrading to 3.x, and i'll consider 3.2 production after I
attend to 3 outstanding issues/requests.  3.x makes it easier to make
localizations such as this and still be easy to make future upgrades.

you would copy the definition for a device type to a new name, create a
new module to handle your localization, and configure your new device
type to use it.  eg rancid.types.conf:

	crisco;script;rancid -t crisco
	crisco;login;clogin
	crisco;module;ios
	crisco;module;ios_local
	crisco;inloop;ios::inloop
	crisco;command;ios::ShowVersion;show version
	# skipit crisco;command;ios::ShowRedundancy;show redundancy secondary
	crisco;command;ios_local::ShowIDprom;show idprom backplane
	crisco;command;ios::ShowInstallActive;show install active

i believe the type configs could be more featureful and i've left some
comment about that in the manpage, but its handy for this need.