[rancid] Rancid 3.1.99 Alpha git integration issues.

Thomas Greer tgreer at tsone.net.uk
Thu Mar 12 18:42:59 UTC 2015

Is the following output expected then?

./bin/rancid-cvs
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/lon/
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/lon/.git/
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
[master (root-commit) 523f48d] new
 create mode 100644 configs/.gitignore
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.
error: failed to push some refs to '/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/lon'
[master 2638f0b] new
 create mode 100644 router.db
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.
error: failed to push some refs to '/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/lon'
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/gs1/
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/gs1/.git/
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
[master (root-commit) 523f48d] new
 create mode 100644 configs/.gitignore
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.
error: failed to push some refs to '/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/gs1'
[master 2638f0b] new
 create mode 100644 router.db
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.
error: failed to push some refs to '/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/gs1'
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/tal/
Initialized empty Git repository in /usr/local/rancid/var/tal/.git/
warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.
[master (root-commit) 523f48d] new
 create mode 100644 configs/.gitignore
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as 'master'.
error: failed to push some refs to '/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/tal'