[rancid] Fortinet Fortigate problem.

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at prin.edu
Mon Mar 30 17:03:51 UTC 2015

I've been using Rancid 2.3.8 for some time now without any problems.  (once I got all the patches installed for it)

This past week, we upgraded a unit from 5.0.7 firmware to 5.0.9.  This had the negative effect of making it impossible for Rancid to log into the unit.  I have checked all the normal things.  I deleted and recreated the ssh Known_hosts entry.  I've even manually logged in from the Rancid server using my own credentials and the rancid credentials and not had any problems.

I checked the log and it states that it couldn't log in.  Any ideas what might be happening?   The prompts still look the same.  I'm currently stumped.

Latest log.
10.X.Y.Z: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
10.X.Y.Z fnlogin error: Error: Couldn't login: 10.X.Y.Z
10.X.Y.Z: missed cmd(s): show full-configuration,get system status
0: found end
10.X.Y.Z: End of run not found

=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
10.X.Y.Z fnlogin error: Error: Couldn't login: 10.X.Y.Z
10.X.Y.Z: missed cmd(s): show full-configuration,get system status
0: found end
10.X.Y.Z: End of run not found

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs