[rancid] Rancid 3.2 issue with perl/inet_pton

Jos buoy at clear.net.nz
Mon Mar 30 22:19:09 UTC 2015

Thanks Nick, that’s what I needed. For what it’s worth the Centos 6.5
manual perl update from 5.10 went like this:

===
cd /usr/local/src
sudo wget
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/S/SH/SHAY/perl-5.20.2.tar.gz
sudo tar -xvzf perl-5.20.2.tar.gz
cd perl-5.20.2
sudo ./Configure -des
sudo make
sudo make test
sudo make install

…
"Warning: perl appears in your path in the following locations beyond where
we just installed it:
    /usr/bin/perl
…

Perl -v gave me “This is perl, v5.10.1” still so I did this:

sudo mv /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl.old
sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl

Rancid-run then worked but cvsweb.cgi broke giving internal server errors
and code 500. I modified perl reference in first line of cvsweb.cgi to
“#!/usr/bin/perl.old -T"
…and all is fine again, as fine as it gets running centos anyway...

Cheers, Jos