[rancid] System Up Time & Dell

JC jctail at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 16:54:08 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been talked about before but I'm still having the issue with Dell PowerConnects and Up Time triggering diffs.

I checked the srancid file and it does have the correct syntax:
/ Up Time/i && next;

I'm a little confused as to what login file gets called out when rancid runs. Currently I have ukbswid09 set to SMC type and it is pulling the config.

$./rancid -d -t smc  ukbswid09
loadtype: device type smc
loadtype: found device type smc in /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base
executing hlogin -t 90 -c"" ukbswid09
inloop is not configured for device type smc at ./rancid line 126.
write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
while executing
"send_user "$router\n""
("foreach" body line 3)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
send_user "$router\n"

# device timeout
set timeout [find t..."
(file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin" line 632)

$ ./rancid -d -t dell ukbswid09
loadtype: device type dell
loadtype: found device type dell in /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base
executing dllogin -t 300 -c"show switch;show config current_config" ukbswid09
HIT COMMAND:UKBSWID09-CH2-B2#show switch
In GetSystem: UKBSWID09-CH2-B2#show switch
HIT COMMAND:UKBSWID09-CH2-B2#show config current_config
In GetConf: UKBSWID09-CH2-B2#show config current_config
ukbswid09: End of run not found
ukbswid09: End of run not found
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Understating how login files get called will hopefully make me more self sufficient and not need to post questions to the board.

Thanks,

-JC