[rancid] add password not working...

Alfredo Jo ajo at sypartners.com
Thu May 21 18:11:33 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a cisco switch in with the user password and enable password are the
same. I don't know if this matters but my password starts with a .(period)
  i.e:   .Pass6cisco

I tried adding it to the .cloginrc but it doesn't work. I get a connection
closed error.

my syntax is:

#9th Floor switch
add method  IPaddressofSwitch        {ssh}
add user    IPaddressofSwitch           {netadmin}
add password IPaddressofSwitch       {.Pass6cisco}     {.Pass6cisco}

here is the syntax that lets me login to the switch but then i get a check
enable password error

#9th Floor switch
add method  IPaddressofSwitch        {ssh}
add user    IPaddressofSwitch           {netadmin}
add userpassword IPaddressofSwitch       {.Pass6cisco}

Any help is appreciated it.

thank you!