[rancid] Email notification problems.

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at principia.edu
Thu Nov 5 14:37:18 UTC 2015

Feel like an idiot for not being able to find this, but I'm looking for where a final address is picked up for email notifications.  We have a very short domain name for our institution and the full one as well.  Gone are the days when short and sweet were important.  We're ending the mail delivery service to that domain.  So, I have to swap out the short, and put in the longer.  I checked everywhere I could think of, and found the aliases file in /etc.  It seemed to have all the right email address aliases so I updated the original email aliases with the longer domain named email addresses in the destination section of the alias.  I updated the aliases.db file without any problems.

But, as you can guess, the emails keep going to the original short domain addresses.  At some point, we're going to pull the plug on the delivery.  Seems so bloody simple, but yet, I can't seem to find the problem.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.  I'm running 2.3.8.

Chris