[rancid] RANCID 3.2 + cmwlogin (Comware)

Viktor Jakobsson Viktor.Jakobsson at evry.com
Mon Nov 16 10:36:41 UTC 2015

Hello.

I've got a task to setup RANCID in an environment, which is built upon Comware-devices (HP Networking). The switches are A5500-48G-4SFP HI running Comware version 5.20.99.

This is the following setup:

*         Centos 7

*         RANCID 3.2

*         Comware version 5.20.99

*         Cmwlogin

The problem that occur is that after RANCID successfully logs in to the switch, it perform three steps:

*         Run "undo smart", which fails (no such command)

*         Run "undo interactive", which fails (no such command)

*         Run "undo terminal monitor", which success.

After this, if I've understood the code of cmwlogin, it should start processing the parameters that I've defined in rancid.types.conf. However, it doesn't. I can't really seem to find where in the code it breaks. The outcome of this is that rancid stop processing, and doesn't go through.

RANCID doesn't provide me with any logs, so I can't share any.

More information about "cmwlogin" can be found here: https://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/cmwrancid

Best regards,
Viktor Jakobsson