[rancid] New Rancid Install

allonon allonon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:06:49 UTC 2015

Working through installing rancid on my own for the first time.  I've used
it at previous companies but having to install it myself at this company.

So far have managed to get everything mostly working but am confused by
rancid-run.  Everything I've read says I need to setup a cron job to have
it run. which is fine, that is what I expect.  However in my install it
seems that it is already running hourly.  I can't seem to find where that
is configured.  Given the CPU hit on the cisco devices, 1 hour is too often
for our environment

installed this on fedora 21, directly from the repo