[rancid] no matching cipher found

Wayne Eisenberg Wayne.Eisenberg at CarolinasIT.com
Thu Aug 11 20:06:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm working with rancid 3.1 and when I try to connect to some MDS 9148 switches, I get the error message from ssh:

no matching cipher found: client 3des-cbc server aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc

Anyone have any ideas which side the problem is on (rancid host or MDS device) and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks,
Wayne

The information in this Internet e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the Addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, then any dissemination or copying of this e-mail (and any attachments) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail or telephone, then delete the message. Thank you.