[rancid] Debugging Logins for netscreen and procurve switches

Remsik,Robert Robert.Remsik at colostate.edu
Tue Aug 23 17:08:22 UTC 2016

This seems to have solved the issue.  The only remaining issue I'm encountering is for logging into HP switches.  clogin logs in, but does nothing.  I can interact with the switch normally and exit.

In the .log:

10.1.3.21: missed cmd(s): all commands
10.1.3.21: End of run not found
10.1.3.21 clogin error: Error: Couldn't login

Running clogin manually:

rancid at server:~/bin$ ./clogin 10.1.3.21
10.1.3.21
spawn ssh -x -l LOGIN 10.1.3.21
We'd like to keep you up to date about:
  * Software feature updates
  * New product announcements
  * Special events
Please register your products now at:  www.hp.com/networking/register

LOGIN at 10.1.3.21's password:
HP J8692A Switch 3500yl-24G
Software revision K.15.10.0013m

Copyright (C) 1991-2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

                   RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND
 Confidential computer software.  Valid license from HP required for possession,
 use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer
 Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial
 Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard commercial
 license.
                   HEWLETT-PACKARD DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, L.P.
                   20555 State Highway 249, Houston, TX 77070
SWITCH# ^[[64;237R
SWITCH#

--------
When I do ./clogin -c "show run" 10.1.3.21 I get the below and the prompt stays there.  I have to ctrl+c out of the program:
SWITCH# ^[[64;237R
SWITCH# terminal length 0
Invalid input: 0
SWITCH#

This is a new problem with rancid 3.4.9.9 and is not currently encountered on rancid 2.3.8.  Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance,
Robert

Robert Remsik

ACNS

Desk Phone: 970 491 7120