[rancid] Trying to Backup Juniper SRX Firewall

JP xq1xq1xq1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:09:02 UTC 2016

I have configured RANCID to backup my Cisco switches.

using these commands:

/usr/libexec/rancid/clogin -c 'write term' x.x.x.45 > 45.cfg
/usr/libexec/rancid/clogin -c 'write term' x.x.x..41 > 41.cfg

This works as designed

I have a Juniper SRX-210 firewall that I want to backup.

I am using this command to backup the config:

/usr/libexec/rancid/clogin -c 'set cli screen-length 0;show configuration'
x.x.x.200 > 200.cfg

I think that the problem is that the prompt is not recognized and the
commands are not executed after login:

[rancid at tools rancid]$ /usr/libexec/rancid/clogin -c 'set cli screen-length
0;show configuration' x.x.x.200
x.x.x.200
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l root x.x.x.200

This system is for the use of authorized users only.
Individuals using this computer system without
authority, or in excess of their authority, are subject
to having all of their activities on this system
monitored and recorded by system personnel.  In the
course of monitoring individuals improperly using this
system, or in the course of system maintenance, the
activities of authorized users may also be monitored.
Anyone using this system expressly consents to such
monitoring and is advised that if such monitoring
reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, system
personnel may provide the evidence of such monitoring
to law enforcement officials.

Password:
--- JUNOS 12.1X46-D50.4 built 2016-04-17 11:15:31 UTC
root at SRX210%

Error: TIMEOUT reached

The rancid logs for the firewall are empty

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to resolve?