[rancid] rancid extension to pass commit message

Mischa Diehm mischa.diehm at unibas.ch
Fri Dec 23 09:29:52 UTC 2016

Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 03:49:22PM -0600, Brandon Ewing:
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 06:23:53PM +0000, heasley wrote:

> Yes, the idea seems fine to me.  I'll add it for rancid 4.0.

An option to set the author would make git blame more fun

the author, of the commit, should be the rancid user :)  and, rancid-cvs
sets:

            git config user.name RANCiD
            git config user.email $USER$MAILDOMAIN

yes I was thinking about this too but in our case we detect change by users not being valid svn/git users. So we just write the username inside the commit message and leave the repository to a single user: rancid.