[rancid] rancid source

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Sat Feb 6 02:20:53 UTC 2016

On 27 January 2016 at 11:30, Roman Hochuli <roman.hochuli at nexellent.ch>
wrote:

> Hello Jason
>
> > Is the RANCiD source being maintained on githug or are there any plans
> > to migrate to github?  It would certainly make it easier to submit
> > patches and discuss issues.
>
> Have a look here: https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git

​So, I've been the maintainer for that fork for a while now. A combination
of a gross lack of free time, git being implemented (in a different way)
upstream, and it being well over a year out of date has meant that this
repo is basically dead now. I merge stuff when asked, but I ought to stop
that.

Within the next few weeks, I'll probably either delete the
dotwaffle/rancid-git repo or add a commit that deletes everything and
leaves a README of where to get the latest code -- if someone else wants to
take it over, feel free. I imagine Mr. Heasley would rather you use his
releases, however ;)

​