[rancid] HP 1920

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 14:08:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016, Viktor Steinmann wrote:

> On 15.02.2016 13:16, heasley wrote:
> > this sounds ugly. someone would have to provide me access to one in order
> > for me to help with adding support - if its reasonable once in "full cli"
> > mode.
> It is indeed ugly. I already have the switches in production, so I can't give
> access, unfortunately.

All the grunt work is there for running commands and interpreting output
for Comware (3/4/7), incorporated into the comware support I have.
However extra commands require to be issued for the models that initially
have this limited CLI to get to the full CLI.  In order to know to execute
them, extra information needs to be provided for the cmwlogin script, and
I think it was that part that required me to do a local hack, and that's
the part that my memory is most hazy on.  It needs to be recalled,
extracted, and fed back as a patch (assuming there isn't a neater way of
doing it) against something rather more up to date than the rancid3
version I'm currently running.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.