[rancid] excluding output from cisco routers and switches relating to Flash: bootflash:

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 16:24:34 UTC 2016

On 03/01/2016 16:50, Ian Stong wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I need to exclude the following output from rancid as it always shows
> changes to the Flash: bootflash:
>

> Sample below of what it is seeing as a change
>

> - !Flash: bootflash: 273633  drwx             8192  Dec 31 2015 06:27:53
> -04:00  tracelogs
>
> + !Flash: bootflash: 273633  drwx             8192  Dec 31 2015 13:55:48
> -04:00  tracelogs

modify the perl code with a suitable regex to detect the line you want
removed. The form is usually something like this:

next if /insert some regex here/;

The code is peppered with 10s of examples, and the question has been
asked and answered many times here. It's somewhat of an FAQ.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckinnon at gmail.com