[rancid] coredump.cfg on our Cisco ASA's..

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jun 17 06:23:13 UTC 2016

Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:42:31PM -0400, Howard Leadmon:
> In an older version of rancid, we used to edit the rancid file to add a
> "next if" line to tell it to skip coredump.cfg if it encountered any change.
> This stopped it sending out a diff for every ASA we have on every run, which
> is to say the least annoying.

you can
1) the device shouldn't be repeatedly altering the file; its a bug.  upgrade
the o/s and/or complain to crisco.
2) edit etc/rancid.types.base to remove dir show flash or, since the install
of the next version that you adopt will overwrite that file, define your own
type just for asa in rancid.types.conf.  i prefer the latter as it doesnt
discourage you from adopting new versions.
3) edit lib/ios.pm as you would have changed rancid or, since the install ...,
create a new lib/your.pm with your own function to filter show flash and
use that in rancid.types.conf.