[rancid] undefined function - "ios::ShowRun"

Artur D tuwi.dc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:07:34 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the last version of rancid and i started having this
issue:

*rancid at rancid-srv:~$ rancid -d -t cisco cisco_switch_and_stuff7loadtype:
device type ciscoloadtype: found device type cisco in
/etc/rancid/rancid.types.baseexecuting clogin -t 90 -c"show running-config"
cisco_switch_and_stuff7PROMPT MATCH: *
*cisco_switch_and_stuff7#HIT COMMAND:*

*cisco_switch_and_stuff7#show running-configcisco_switch_and_stuff7:
undefined function - "ios::ShowRun"cisco_switch_and_stuff7: missed cmd(s):
all commandscisco_switch_and_stuff7: End of run not
foundcisco_switch_and_stuff7: End of run not found!*

I checked the ios.pm and in fact that function was missing. Any ideas why
that library is missing that particular function ?

Thanks in advance,
Artur