[rancid] rancid 3.7 and HP 1910-8G - can't get rancid to work with that router

Eichhorn, Thomas Thomas.Eichhorn at klinikum-nuernberg.de
Mon Dec 11 14:51:27 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm new to rancid and don't know, how to solve my problem. Maybe someone can help me.

I did setup rancid 3.7. Everything works quite well so far except for some routers.

We've got a HP 1910-8G and I can't find a way to get rancid to work probably with that router type.

If router type is set to 'hp', rancid-run won't end his run and runs forever without any configs get backed up.

I've found some scripts ('h3clogin'; 'h3crancid') on another server in our network. rancid-run ends correctly with this script but throws some errors:
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
lnb-o2a: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/local/rancid/bin/h3crancid line 121.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
lnb-o2b: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
lnb-o3a: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
lnb-o1a: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
lnb-o1b: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
lnb-o3b: End of run not found
 % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.

Now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Thomas

Klinikum Nürnberg, Sitz: Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg -Registergericht- HRA 14190, Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Jockwig (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas Becke, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Günter Niklewski, Peter Schuh