[rancid] Issue with Brocade FC capture and line length

Erik Soosalu esoo at caasco.ca
Wed Feb 1 14:47:46 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I've been fighting against this for a couple of days and my scripting isn't strong enough to figure out where this is going wrong.

I've setup RANCID and I've got it working successfully pulling my configs from my Brocade Fiber Channel switches.  I've used brocadelogin/brocaderancid from here: https://lists.gt.net/rancid/users/5454

Where I'm having issues is in my primary site where the active zone config is very large.  The configuration definition line consists of a tag followed by all the zones separated by semi-colons.  When I look at a normal configuration upload, this line is 11,000 characters long.  If I ssh into the switch and show the config, I see 11,000 characters.  However, when I look at what is captured by RANCID, I only get a line that is ~4200 characters long, and it appears to be the last 4200 characters of the line (like data is rolling through a buffer).  I can't seem to find anywhere that is setting this length.

Any suggestions where I could look to resolve this?

Thanks,
Erik

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. WARNING - CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. Any use, disclosure, copying or dissemination of this information by a person other than an intended recipient is not authorized and may be illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.