[rancid] Looking for help with disappearing/reappearing lines (like FAQ 5b, but ssh, not telnet)

Richard Feltham rfeltham at ecuad.ca
Tue Feb 14 22:25:10 UTC 2017

This appears with our fortigate and alcatel equipment, not with the cisco equipment (yet).

We see “Switch router config diffs” emails with lines like this:
…
-         set extip 199.60.120.134
+ set extip 199.60.120.134
…
followed by emails like this:
…
- set extip 199.60.120.134
+         set extip 199.60.120.134
 …

(disappearing/reappearing spaces)

and:
…
+ show firewall ippool
+ show user local
…
followed by:
…
- show firewall ippool
- show user local
…

(appearing/disappearing lines)

The first example is alcatel; the second is fortigate.
It does not happen every run. We will see something at 3:01. 4:01, 9:01, 10:01, 12:01. 1:10 - who there are hours where there are no glitches.

Installed version is:
rancid-run -V
rancid 3.5.1

Installed Packages
expect.x86_64                                                            5.44.1.15-5.el6_4                                         @base
cvs.x86_64                                                               1.11.23-16.el6                                            @base

cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

Has anyone seen this behaviour before, and is there a fix?

Richard F.
--
Richard Feltham   Network Operations Coordinator, IT Services  |  tel 604 630 4577  local 4577
emily carr university of art + design  |  1399 Johnston Street, Vancouver  BC  V6H 3R9