[rancid] RANCID auto Git to AWS Code Commit

Jason Winters jason.winters at eway.com.au
Tue Jan 31 04:21:46 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I have RANCID setup on Centos 7 using CVS and working OK.
I need to change the config so that RANCID can use GIT to push/commit the
configs to AWS Code Commit for offsite storage, and I am struggling to get
this to work.

I have the AWS side setup with access/permissions etc.
Git is installed and the repo setup on the local box but when I run rancid
git isnt called to update the repo.

I have edited the rancid.conf so RCSSYS=git too.

Has anyone else done this and could you provide any tips/guidance

Thanks