[rancid] Fortigate Cluster uptime

Ryan merlin_rbs at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 30 09:26:18 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Sorry to mail this out but I have searched through a number of groups and cant find anything that actually works. I recently upgraded my Fortinet FW cluster and, unfortunately, the config status displays a new line, "Cluster uptime", from the "get system ha status" cli. e.g.

  !Virtual domains status: 1 in NAT mode, 0 in TP mode

  !Virtual domain configuration: disable

  !FIPS-CC mode: disable

  !Current HA mode: a-p, master

- !Cluster uptime: 35 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes, 13 seconds

+ !Cluster uptime: 35 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes, 13 seconds

  !Branch point: 1449

  !Release Version Information: GA

The "Cluster uptime" means that I get an updated FW version mailed to me every hour of the day. I have tried a number of things to resolve this including:

  1.  I updated the fnrancid file with the below but both attempts failed:

sub GetConf {
    print STDERR "    In GetConf: $_" if ($debug);

    while (<INPUT>) {
        tr/\015//d;
        next if /^\s*$/;
        last if (/$prompt/);

        # System time is fortigate extraction time
        next if (/^\s*!System time:/);
        # remove occurrances of conf_file_ver
        next if (/^#?conf_file_ver=/);

# First think I tried

#remove occurances of Cluster Uptime
        next if (/^\s*!Cluster uptime:/);

# next thing I tried.

        #if (/^\s*!Cluster uptime:/) {
        #    ProcessHistory("","","","","","#$_");
        #    next;
        #}

2. I tried other options e.g. writing something similar to the cycling password but I am afraid I reached the end of my skillset.

3. Finally I thought my Rancid server is pretty old 2.3.6 so I built a new rancid server (3.3.0) using Ubuntu 16.04 and updated the fnrancid again without success.

Two questions if I may:

  1.  Anyone know how I can ignore the Cluster uptime line?
  2.  If I move to using the new server is there a way to export the CVS history on the old server and import it on the new?

Thanks in advance! Your help is appreciated!

Cheers,