[rancid] Brocade - ignore secure-mac-address changes

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Jun 30 19:08:54 UTC 2017

Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 11:42:11AM -0400, Gerhard Mourani:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Rancid 3.2 on CentOS 6.8 and would like to ensure that any change in secure-mac-address in my Brocade config is hidden or removed. Here I guest is the corresponding line of code in foundry.pm to sort those lines.
>
>         /secure-mac-address (\S+)/ &&
>             ProcessHistory("SECMAC","keysort","$1","$_") && next;
>
> How to make the above to ignore secure-mac-address changes ?

I'm not sure what to do about this particular config line.  IIUC, this is
configuration that could appear by manual intervention or automatically;
which is a subject of annoyance for me, that ephemeral configuration like
this would appear in the show running config.

I understand how this could be annoying, but that some might wish to
retain it, while others may wish to filter it.  I'm inclined to add a
knob similar to FILTER_OSC, but it seems like there are 4 classes of such
things; beyond what FILTER_OSC filters, there are 2) this auto-configuration
(VTP vlans), 3) auto-configuration that can also be manually configured
(secure-mac), 4) informational stuff that changes frequently (flash space).

It does not seem like one knob could/should address all of these.

Comments/suggestions?