[rancid] Using rancid to change Allied Telesis switches configuration

Dan Anderson dan.w.anderson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:30:04 UTC 2017

I'm not sure which scripts you're referring to, but the hack-ish way would
be to run "ATlogin -c "copy running-config startup-config\rY", assuming
that ATlogin (or whatever the login script is) isn't terribly different
from clogin.

You don't necessarily need (or likely want) to modify the <x>rancid scripts
to be able to make changes to the devices. If you're going to do that, I'd
try to rename them to something else so that it's less likely to get
overwritten during upgrades. Granted, the ATrancid script isn't in stock
RANCID, but that's not to say that it may not be at some point in the
future.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 4:41 AM, Sebastien BEAUDLOT <
sebastien.beaudlot at univ-avignon.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using rancid to backup Allied Telesis (and many more) switches
> configuration thanks to Valentino who posted his own scripts on the list.
>
> Now, i want to use rancid login scripts to send commands to the script,
> but i'm facing something annoying with this brand.
>
> The 'copy running-config startup-config' command is interactive and ask
> for the user to press Y key. No way to force this command to be
> non-interactive.
>
> I tried to fork the ATrancid script to do only this command, but need to
> hack the ShowConfig loop, thus i a not familiar enough with perl. Does
> someone already did such a thing ?
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Sébastien BEAUDLOT
>
> Administrateur réseaux, téléphonie et flotte mobile
>
> Direction Opérationnelle des Systèmes d'Information ( DOSI )
> Pôle Infrastructures
> Université d'Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse
>
> Tèl : 04.90.16.26.04
> --

Dan