[rancid] HELP RACNID LOOKING GLASS

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu May 25 14:17:18 UTC 2017

Thu, May 25, 2017 at 01:17:56PM +0800, Tarranum Kamal:
> 0down votefavorite
> <https://serverfault.com/questions/852134/rancid-looking-glass#>
>
> I am beginner to server world and in general scripting and OS. I have
> managed to run Rancid on my server running Freebsd. Now i am trying to
> confiugre RANCID Looking glass, i have followed REAMDE.lg that comes with
> rancid package but to be honest this is too difficult to understand with
> lots of hidden assumptions . ANyways i followed the instricution in it )
> (whatever I could understand) , when I try to access it thru browser it
> displays text instead webpage, now I am clueless. The readme says it
> required CGI and Lockfile perl modules, how can I check if these modules
> are present on my servers
>
> I would appreciate if anyone has installed rancid looking glass who can
> help me out or if anyone can provide me a better installation guide for
> freebsd.

its been a while since i've setup the lg freshly and the i have yet to
review the suggestion last week from another user on the cisco-nsp list.
i'll try to do that next week, otherwise the README.lg file is the only
instruction I have for you ATM.