[rancid] Cisco ASA various troubles

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:37:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Doug Hughes <doug.hughes at keystonenap.com>
wrote:

> Doesn't work on ASA 55* here either.
>
> However, regarding the first command, these here don't have redundant
> bootflash, so that first command may be valid on certain systems. I
> couldn't say.
>
> For the secocnd command, I'd recommnd just: "show running-config all" on
> ASA.

Or if passwords and pre shared keys (for LDAP and IPsec etc) are desired in
RANCID, then "more system:running-config"  would be appropriate.

See FILTER_PWDS http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/rancid.conf.5.html to
remove them if desired.

According to the changes, "show running-config view full" was added in
2.3.7

I have a pair of RANCID instances, one running 3.1 and one running 3.6.2,
both of them connect to the same set of ASA firewalls, and although the
command "show running-config view full" is not valid on any of them, I am
not seeing the issue, however none of the ASAs are running with multiple
contexts, which may be the case from the OP output, I wonder if this may be
related to the issue ?

Cheers