[rancid] cvsweb issue

Yann Willaime ywillaime at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:31:53 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,
Now rancid works fine, I have the config files and no errors on rancid logs.
Now I'm trying to setup cvsweb correctly in order to provide a GUI for
exploitation teams.

cvsweb.conf looks like this :

*@CVSrepositories = (#       'local'   => ['Local Repository',
'/var/lib/cvs'],        'FIREWALLS' => ['FIREWALLS',
'/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS'],*But when accessing
http://XX.XX.XX.XX/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ with a browser, I get the usual CVS
webpage, but with no folders or files whatsoever.

apache user (www-data) and rancid are part of the same group (rancid), I
even changed the rights for all the CVS folder and it's subfolders.

Again, I think I lack the system skills in order to diagnose this
thoroughly, I analysed logs, followed best practices, now I'm stuck.
Thanks in advance.
Yann.