[rancid] Device support error - Huawei

Eichhorn, Thomas Thomas.Eichhorn at klinikum-nuernberg.de
Thu Sep 7 06:49:51 UTC 2017

Hi Eric,
>exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
>exec(hurancid) failed router manufacturer huawei: No such file or directory
It seems that there is no ‘hurancid’ file in your RANCIDBASE/bin directory. Can you confirm that?
I think you have to ‘configure’, ’make’ and ’make install’ to create the ‘hurancid’ file after you place these files in your ‘…/rancid/bin’ directory.
Please try this in a testing environment first.

I’ve never worked with rancid and Huawei products so I don’t know for sure if I can help you but I found a (maybe) helpful link:
http://www.inet9.net/rancid-for-hp-h3c-huawei-switches/

Best regards,
Thomas

Klinikum Nürnberg, Sitz: Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg -Registergericht- HRA 14190, Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Jockwig (Vorsitzender), Dr. Andreas Becke, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr. Günter Niklewski, Peter Schuh