[rancid] Juniper switches and firewall

Andrew Meyer andrewm659 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 23:51:02 UTC 2018

Oops.  Lots of thing going on today.
the VDX is actually for brocade.  I'll continue to test the srx devices.
Thank you!

    On Monday, February 5, 2018 5:07 PM, heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:

 Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 08:03:55PM +0000, Andrew Meyer:
> Sorry about that:
>
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): all commands
> juniper-srx: End of run not found
> juniper-srx jlogin error: Error: Couldn't login

self explanatory

> #
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.

there are is a separate type for the newer f5s.  see rancid.types.base.

> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> F5: End of run not found

there is no device type vdx; you must have added it and will need to
replace it in rancid.types.conf.  or one of the types that come with
ranicd might work - see rancid.types.base

> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.
> juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): show configuration access, show configuration applications, show configuration bridge-domains, show configuration chassis, show configuration class-of-service, show configuration ethernet-switching-options, show configuration event-options, show configuration firewall, show configuration forwarding-options, show configuration interfaces, show configuration protocols, show configuration routing-instances, show configuration routing-options, show configuration security, show configuration services, show configuration smtp, show configuration snmp, show configuration switch-options, show configuration system
> juniper-srx: End of run not found
> {primary:node1}
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.

no idea; see the debugging methods in the rancid FAQ.