[rancid] Rancid and HP procurve

Doug Hughes doug.hughes at keystonenap.com
Thu Feb 15 13:58:08 UTC 2018

Yes it is. There's an issue with previous versions of rancid with the
hpuifilter that would cause hpuifilter to crash (segfault) after enable
owing to the *expletive* expansive and stupid overuse of ANSI characters
on aruba console, but its fixed with latest. It would cause the switch
to run out of sessions so you couldn't remote login in anymore. I have
an open case with HP about this right now as a DOS and I even sent them
an expect script to reproduce but they continue to ask silly questions
about versions of ssh that are irrelevent.