[rancid] Brocade VDX

Doug Hughes doug.hughes at keystonenap.com
Fri Feb 23 02:44:47 UTC 2018

I have VDX switches working.

I use brcdvcs type

2 6940 and 2 6740 in a stack

rancid.types.conf:

# Brocade VCS 10g/40g
brcdvcs;script;rancid -t brcdvcs
brcdvcs;login;a10login
brcdvcs;module;brocade
brcdvcs;inloop;brocade::inloop
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVersion;show version all-partitions
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowLicense;show license
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 11
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowRasLicense;show logging raslog rbridge-id 12
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVcs;show vcs detail
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowVlan;show vlan brief
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSnapshots;show config snapshot rbridge-id 1
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show virtual-fabric status
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowFabric;show fabric all
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowSupport;show support
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowMonitor;show system monitor
brcdvcs;command;brocade::ShowConfig;show running-config

(you'll want to change your rbridge-ids appropriately)