[rancid] Unable to Conduct Cisco Wireless Controller Backup

Piegorsch, Weylin William weylin at bu.edu
Sun Jan 21 05:43:23 UTC 2018

I just tried five times on three different controllers; I got 100% success.
weylin

From: Daniel Schmidt <daniel.schmidt at wyo.gov>
Date: Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 00:17
To: Weylin Piegorsch <weylin at bu.edu>
Cc: "rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net" <rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net>
Subject: Re: [rancid] Unable to Conduct Cisco Wireless Controller Backup

Can you login with wlogin?

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:33 PM, Piegorsch, Weylin William <weylin at bu.edu<mailto:weylin at bu.edu>> wrote:
Hello,

I’m running rancid v3.4.1.  I have a number of Cisco WISM2 controller running 8.2.166.0.  rancid is not able to acquire any of their configs.  I’ve tried various types in router.db: cisco-wlc4, cisco-wlc5, and cisco, none of them work. The logs, copied below, show the results of cisco-wlc5 (all controllers were identical, I’ve trimmed down to just one).  What could be causing this?  Why would the results vary across the five rounds?  And, which type should I be using?

weylin

[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 logs]$ cat wireless.20180119.142501
starting: Fri Jan 19 14:25:01 EST 2018

Trying to get all of the configs.
controller: missed cmd(s): show run-config commands
controller: End of run not found
!WLC Show Sysinfo End
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
controller: missed cmd(s): all commands
controller wlogin error: Error: Connection closed (ssh): controller
controller: End of run not found
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
controller: missed cmd(s): show run-config commands
controller: End of run not found
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
controller: missed cmd(s): all commands
controller wlogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
controller: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
controller: missed cmd(s): show run-config commands
controller: End of run not found
!WLC Show Sysinfo End

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs

ending: Fri Jan 19 14:39:59 EST 2018
[rancid at nsgv-prod-59 logs]$

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.