[rancid] HP problem after upgrade to rancid 3.7 [BUG REPORT ?]

BASSAGET Cédric cedric.bassaget.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:56:55 UTC 2018

Hello,
Since I upgraded to rancid 3.7, i'm not able to rancid my old procurve
switches.

hlogin goes to timeout after a "no page" command :

rancid at jersey:~$ PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin/local/rancid bin/hlogin -c "show
version" sw-hp-hits-haut
sw-hp-hits-haut
spawn hpuifilter -- ssh -x -l admin sw-hp-hits-haut
... banner ...

Press any key to continueHP 2510G-24 Hits (haut)#
HP 2510G-24 Hits (haut)# no page
HP 2510G-24 Hits (haut)#
Error: TIMEOUT reached

hrancid does this :

rancid at jersey:~$ PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin/ bin/hrancid -d -t hp
sw-hp-hits-haut
executing hlogin -t 90 -c"show version;show flash;show
system-information;show system information;show module;show stack;show tech
transceivers;show config files;show config status;write term"
sw-hp-hits-haut
sw-hp-hits-haut clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
sw-hp-hits-haut clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
sw-hp-hits-haut: missed cmd(s): all commands
sw-hp-hits-haut: End of run not found
sw-hp-hits-haut: clean_run is false
sw-hp-hits-haut: found_end is false
;

After I change the hostname of my switch to "hp-hits-haut" it worked like a
charm.
So I guess there's something wrong with parenthesis.

Regards