[rancid] How to configure rancid for stacked switches ?

DELOISON, Clement cdeloison at cora.fr
Thu Mar 1 13:14:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

Can you help me with my problem ? I can't make RANCID works with my stacked
HP switches. When I check logs, I have this :

Trying to get all of the configs.
couldn't compile regular expression pattern: parentheses () not balanced
    while executing
"expect {
        -re $reprompt   {}
        -re "\[\n\r]+"  { exp_continue }
    }"
    (procedure "run_commands" line 12)
    invoked from within
"run_commands $prompt $command"
    ("foreach" body line 160)
    invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
    set router [string tolower $router]
    send_user "$router\n"

    # device timeout
    set timeout [find t..."
    (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/hlogin" line 654)
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: missed cmd(s): all commands
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx: End of run not found
;

I don't really understand what is the problem and what I can do to fix that.

Best regards,
--
Clément Deloison
Apprenti Réseau