[rancid] clogin adding 'exit' command?

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Fri May 4 18:52:28 UTC 2018

On 3 May 2018 at 18:39, Howard Jones <howie at thingy.com> wrote:
> Aha, thanks! That's much neater than my bodge (make an f5login and
> remove the conditional for send quit/exit).
>
> For anyone else, heasley's clogin patch above, plus this new type got me going:
>
> bigip13;script;rancid -t bigip13
> bigip13;login;clogin
> bigip13;module;bigip
> bigip13;inloop;bigip::inloop
> bigip13;command;rancid::RunCommand;modify cli preference pager disabled display-threshold 0
> bigip13;command;bigip::ShowVersion;show sys version
> bigip13;command;bigip::ShowHardware;show sys hardware
> bigip13;command;bigip::ShowLicense;show sys license
> bigip13;command;bigip::ShowRouteStatic;show /net route static
> bigip13;command;bigip::WriteTerm;list all-properties recursive

I've just noticed that although if I run `rancid-run -r lb01` I get a
successful collection, I don't get one during a normal hourly run
(rancid-run with no params)

lb01: missed cmd(s): all commands
lb01: End of run not found

(and also its buddy lb02) Both cases running as the same `rancid`
user, which owns the files, so it doesn't appear to be permissions
related. Every other device is running smoothly.

Is there some way to either keep the .new file or increase logging
from rancid-run (like rancid -d)?