[rancid] Rancid and Netgear switches

on at LEFerguson.com on at LEFerguson.com
Wed May 16 13:25:25 UTC 2018

For a client I suddenly am getting a pile of Netgear switches.

I had previously patched the Dell routines to work with DLink and am starting to do the same for Netgear (it supports a show running_config), but I did not see either much discussion (some in 2008) or any built in support (at least under the name netgear).   I know they are not the biggest name in enterprise gear, but they are getting a larger presence all the time.

Is there something out of the box that might work, or is manually fixing up routines the right path?

At the moment I'm continuing to patch the dllogin (etc) so I localize all my patches, if there's a better spot...?

Linwood