[rancid] Rancid not updating

Larry Larsen llarsen at longlines.biz
Tue Oct 16 21:00:06 UTC 2018

Community;

I am new to the company, and my predecessor had setup Rancid to collect all our configs and do the comparisons.  He also used CVS to display the configs on a webpage.  I have no experience with Rancid nor CVS and I was wondering if I could get some assistance.   Here is my issue.  I am a Windows guy, and am learning Linux.

I made a small change on one of my routers to SNMP, and wanted to see if Rancid would pick it up.  The date on the file still shows 7 months ago, and not the change I made earlier today.  We make changes almost daily for VLANS, etc, and nothing is showing updated.

The schedule to download and send config difference emails is every hour.  I have seen multiple emails, but nothing with my change in it.  I also went into the Rancid directory structure in Linux and the date in there is also 7 months old.  Is there anything you can do to assist?

Thank you!

Larry L.