[rancid] router config diffs

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:45:41 UTC 2018

On 10/21/18, Wayne Eisenberg <Wayne.Eisenberg at carolinasit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SVN, not CVS.
>
> I probably didn't do a good job of explaining. I'm not getting the same diff
> over and over. They are new versions, valid diffs. I don't see how svn could
> get out of sync, when the crontab was inactive (everything rem'ed out) so
> there was no activity during the upgrade. Before the upgrade, I know there
> were router config changes taking place and I did not get an email about
> them. Now I do. So I'm hunting for how to turn the notifications off.

I'd go with changing control_rancid.  Search for

# Mail out the diffs (if there are any).
if [ -s $TMP.diff ] ; then

which looks like the line to change to turn notifications off.  Or
check the FAQ:
Q. I just want to store configrurations, I do not want to receive diffs.  How
   can I accomplish this?
A. Use procmail to filter them out of your inbox.
   OR, redirect the mail aliases in your MTA's aliases file or database to a
   mailman list with no subscribers.
   OR, redirect the mail aliases to /dev/null.
   OR, set DIFFSCRIPT in rancid.conf to something that eats it's input, such
   as "dd of=/dev/null bs=16k".

Regards,
Lee